Tree Pruning, Shaping & Restoration
Professional Tree Pruning and Trimming in Calgary
Tree pruning plays a significant role in maintaining the growth, structure, and integrity of a tree. A properly pruned tree helps minimize the risk of broken limbs, falling branches, and prevents the spreading of diseases. At ArborCare® ®, our ISA-certified arborists provide professional tree and shrub pruning and trimming in Calgary and Edmonton. We understand that trees and shrubs react to a variety of procedures and ensure that your trees remain healthy for years to come. We also pay close attention to the season, weather and other conditions that affect your tree’s growth. Contact us today to request an estimate for our pruning service.
Pruning Techniques and Procedures
When a tree is pruned properly, it receives sufficient sun exposure and air, which promotes the overall health of the tree. At ArborCare®, we understand that each client’s tree pruning needs are unique. Our professionals take pride in serving the needs of both residential and commercial clients. We specialize in a variety of tree pruning, shaping and trimming procedures, including:
- Structural pruning. This process helps create space between trees and nearby property structures, such as power lines and buildings. It helps your tree grow and minimizes safety risks.
- Tree cabling or bracing. If your tree is split during a storm, tree cabling or bracing services can restore the tree’s integrity and structure.
- Crown cleaning. This procedure consists of three classes of pruning: fine, medium and coarse. It helps remove water sprouts and dead branches while improving the overall health of your tree.
- Crown elevating. This process removes low, troublesome branches that may disturb your street or impede traffic.
- Crown thinning and restoration. Crown restoration removes branches to promote the overall health of your tree and prevent overcrowding while improving space in the tree’s canopy.
- Crown reduction. Typically done as a last resort to save your tree, crown reduction reduces your tree’s height through careful pruning.
- Reshaping and shearing. This service provides your young trees with an attractive appearance.
Have one of ArborCare’s professional arborists visit your property to assess the health and growth of your trees and shrubs.
Reasons to Prune Trees
Leaving trees unpruned for more than five to 10 years can put their health at risk and leave your property looking neglected. Here are five reasons to invest in a tree pruning service.
- Regular tree pruning prevents uneven growth that might otherwise become a structural threat to the entire tree.
- Pruning eliminates areas of weakened growth that can make a tree more vulnerable to disease.
- When a professional arborist comes to prune your trees and shrubs, they can also spot any signs of disease or infestation and act quickly.
- You may need emergency pruning. If a portion of your tree is at risk of interfering with power lines, you should take action immediately.
- Tree pruning is a staple of landscape maintenance. Trimming excess growth increases a home’s curb appeal and enhances the image of a business.
Curious about the cost of our tree pruning service? A professional arborist from ArborCare®,will happily visit your property for an assessment. You can also request a quote online.
When to Prune Trees
If you let your trees go too long without pruning, they may become irreparable. The larger the section removed, the larger the vulnerability left behind. Most larger trees are best managed with pruning every 3 years. Smaller shrubs and ornamental trees may benefit from annual pruning. Keeping your greenery pruned helps them stay healthy and keeps your property looking its best.
Do you have elm trees on your property? To stop the spread of Dutch elm disease and other threats, local jurisdictions in Western Canada have laws governing the times of the year when elm trees can be pruned. Read our guide to elm tree pruning to learn more about elm tree pruning bans for your city.
Professional Tree and Shrub Pruning in Western Canada
For expert tree and shrub pruning that keeps your greenery healthy and your property beautiful, trust the arborists at ArborCare. In addition to their professional expertise, all our team members are bonded and insured for your protection. We serve residential and commercial customers from our locations in Calgary. Contact us today to talk to an arborist about your pruning needs.
Commercial + Residential
We Care for Your Trees
At ArborCare®, we have the expertise to take care of all your tree removal needs in