Safe and reliable tree removal services in Calgary
Trees are beautiful and provide many benefits. However, sometimes they need to be removed. This can happen due to issues involving safety, esthetics or the health of surrounding plants. Regardless of the reason, tree removal is a dangerous job that should always be done by a certified arborist. Fortunately, ArborCare® provides outstanding, professional tree care services, including tree removal, in Calgary, Edmonton, and surrounding areas. Contact us today for a quote.
When Are Tree Removal Services Needed?
Although trees are a big environmental plus, they can sometimes be unhealthy or hazardous to you and your property. Here are some reasons you may need to remove a tree from your property.
- To protect people. Dead branches can fall and cause serious or fatal injuries. Removing trees with fragile, brittle and damaged limbs keeps everyone on your property safe.
- To protect infrastructure. Aggressive tree roots can damage water and sewer pipes, upheave driveways and sidewalks, and even damage your home’s foundation. In some cases, you may need to cut down a tree and remove the roots to solve the problem.
- To protect structures. If a tree grows too close to a house, garage or other building, it can become a hazard. Errant branches can damage your shingles and windows, while leaning trees can cause property damage should the trunk weaken. Large trees should be at least six metres away from all structures.
- To protect utility services. Trees that are threatening or interfering with power and utility lines can be hazardous. Tree removal may be needed to protect or restore electricity, internet and phone services to your home and the neighbourhood.
- To protect your property value. Sometimes trees don’t look very attractive or have died, leaving your property looking unkempt. ArborCare® arborists can remove a dead tree from your yard to improve your property’s curb appeal.
You may also want to cut down a tree that produces a lot of debris or is otherwise hard to maintain. Summer windstorms, winter ice storms or some other disaster can topple even the oldest, largest trees. ArborCare® offers 24/7 emergency tree services for hazardous fallen tree removal.
7 Signs It’s Time to Remove a Tree
Trees that have become hazardous should be removed. A professional tree assessment from a certified ArborCare® arborist can help identify at-risk trees and determine if they can be treated or repaired, or if tree removal is required. Here are seven signs you should schedule a tree assessment.
- Disease. Dying leaves and branches in the crown, deep cracks, discoloured and misshapen leaves, fungi and crumbly wood are all signs of an infection.
- Pests. If you see numerous small holes in the trunk or the tree is unusually popular with woodpeckers, it may be infested with harmful insects.
- Poor growth. A tree that isn’t growing well should be evaluated, especially if its foliage is discoloured or sparse.
- Root problems. While hard to spot, root issues will often cause fungi to grow near the tree’s base. Heaving soil is another indicator that the tree should be examined by a professional. Shallow roots are often a problem, too.
- A decayed or hollow trunk. Deep cracks, splits, large wounds and dead branches are indications that a tree is decaying. This makes it vulnerable to weather damage and is more likely to fall. Hollow trees are similarly hazardous.
- Structural damage. A tree that suddenly leans to one side has likely suffered some structural damage and could be dangerous.
- Epicormic shoots. These small sprouts appear at the base of the tree and indicate serious stress. The tree should be evaluated.
You may also need to remove trees that don’t comply with local bylaws, such as those that pose a risk to pedestrians or that encroach on public spaces. ArborCare® arborists are familiar with local by-laws and will ensure you comply with the law.
Never Cut Down a Tree Yourself
Tree removal is dangerous and requires expert knowledge and special equipment. Instead of putting yourself at risk, count on our licensed and insured arborists. We’ll cut down the tree without causing any damage and even get rid of the stump.
At ArborCare®, we have a highly trained team with years of expertise in tree removal. Our team follows the latest and safest practices to provide all our clients with the highest degree of customer satisfaction. Our tree care specialists use advanced technological equipment to safely rig and remove large trees. We also thoroughly clean up leftover debris. Our crews start by carrying out a comprehensive assessment of the condition of the tree before starting with the removal process.
Stump Removal and Grinding
We believe that safely removing a tree is doing just half the job. Once the tree has been removed successfully, the stump and underground roots that remain behind can be hazardous. Roots can become a breeding ground for unwanted pests such as carpenter ants and termites. They can also look unsightly and degrade the appearance of your lawn or yard. At ArborCare®, we provide stump grinding and removal services to ensure that these unwanted stumps and roots are extracted completely.
Count on ArborCare® for Tree Removal in Calgary
At ArborCare®, we’re committed to helping homeowners get rid of the unwanted trees in their yards. Our crews have years of experience in safe tree and tree root removal. Contact us today to learn more about our expert tree removal services in Calgary and surrounding areas. You can also request a free online estimate.
Commercial + Residential
We Care for Your Trees
At ArborCare®, we have the expertise to take care of all your tree removal needs in