Safe and reliable tree removal services in Calgary, Edmonton, and Kelowna
Trees are beautiful and provide many advantages, but sometimes they need to be removed. This can happen for an assortment of reasons, some of which might involve safety, esthetics or the health of surrounding plants. But regardless of the reason it needs to happen, tree removal is a job that should always be done by a certified arborist. Fortunately, ArborCare provides outstanding, professional tree care service in Edmonton, Calgary, Kelowna and the surrounding areas. From tree removal to stump removal, we can do it all. Call us to get a quote today!
Why Tree Removal Can Be a Good Idea
Though trees are a big plus to the environment for a number of reasons, sometimes they can be unhealthy and hazardous when damaged. Here are the main reasons to remove them from your property:
- To protect people. Dead branches can fall and cause serious or fatal injuries. By removing trees with fragile, brittle and damaged limbs, you will help to ensure that yourself and others are safe.
- To protect structures. If a tree grows too close to a house, building or other structure, it can damage it. Leaning trees can also cause property damage should the trunk weaken.
- To protect infrastructure. Aggressive tree roots can worsen damage to leaking pipes or grow into them and cause clogs, damage driveways and cause other property damage. In some cases, tree removal is the best way to deal with the issue.
You may also need to remove trees that don’t comply with local bylaws, such as those that pose a risk to pedestrians or that encroach on public spaces and make circulation difficult.
Indications that it’s time to consider tree removal
In general, trees that pose a hazard should be removed. After a thorough assessment, our professional arborists can help you identify at-risk trees. However, there are a number of things that should prompt you to schedule a tree assessment. This includes signs of the following:
- Disease. Dieback in the crown, deep cracks, discoloured and misshapen leaves, fungi and crumbly wood are all signs of an infection.
- Pests. If you see numerous small holes in the trunk or the tree is unusually popular with woodpeckers, it may be infested with pests.
- Poor growth. A tree that isn’t growing well should be evaluated, especially if its foliage is discoloured or sparse.
- Root problems. While hard to spot, root issues will often cause fungi to grow near the tree’s base. Heaving soil is another indicator that the tree should be examined by a professional. Shallow roots are often a problem too.
- A decayed or hollow trunk. Deep cracks, splits, large wounds and dead branches can all indicate that a tree is decaying. This makes it vulnerable to weather damage and much more likely to fall. Hollow trees are similarly hazardous.
- Structural damage. A tree that suddenly leans to one side has likely suffered some structural damage and could be dangerous.
- Epicormic shoots. These small sprouts appear at the base of the tree and indicate serious stress. The tree should be evaluated.
In addition, trees that are under power lines can sometimes become a problem and may need to be removed. The same is true of trees that encroach too closely on homes and other types of buildings. Large trees should be at least 20 feet away from all structures. Also, you may also want to remove trees that produce a lot of debris or are otherwise hard to maintain.
Never cut down a tree yourself
Tree removal is dangerous and requires expert knowledge and special equipment. Instead of putting yourself at risk, count on our licensed and insured arborists. We’ll remove the tree without causing any damage and even get rid of the stump.
At ArborCare, we have a highly trained team with years of expertise in tree removal. Our team incorporates the latest and safest practices in tree removal to provide all our clients with the highest degree of customer satisfaction. Our tree care specialists use advanced technological equipment for the safe rigging and removal of large trees. We also thoroughly clean up the remnant and debris left over after removal. Our crews start by carrying out a comprehensive assessment of the condition of the tree before starting with the removal process.
Stump Removal & Grinding
We believe that safely removing a tree is doing just half the job. Once the tree has been removed successfully, the stump or the underground roots that remain behind can be hazardous. The roots can also become a breeding ground for unwanted pests, carpenter ants and termites. They can also look unsightly and degrade the appearance of your lawn or yard. At ArborCare, we ensure that these unwanted stumps or roots are extracted and removed completely. Call us today to know more.
Count on ArborCare
Over the years of serving clients across Edmonton, we have acquired valuable experience and expertise to help our clients take care of the trees and overgrowing wilderness in their homes. Tree branches growing into your home can cause any small faults and cracks in your roof to deepen and worsen. This can substantially reduce the longevity of your roof leading to expensive repairs. Removing a tree can help you protect the structure of your home and also help you avoid unwarranted accidents caused by falling branches. Get a no-obligation quote today.
We are committed to helping our clients get rid of the unwanted trees in their yards. Our crews have years of experience in the safe removal of trees from residential properties. When it comes to tree removal, it is best to trust a professional service. We strictly advise you against performing a DIY job.
Our team at ArborCare take all due care and caution to ensure that the tree is removed safely and thoroughly. Call us to know more about our expert tree care services in Edmonton, Calgary, Kelowna and the surrounding areas. We are here to help.
Commercial + Residential
We Care for Your Trees
At ArborCare, we have the expertise to take care of all your tree removal needs in
Calgary, Edmonton and Kelowna.