Safe and reliable tree removal services
Trees are beautiful and provide many advantages, but sometimes they need to be removed. This can happen for an assortment of reasons, some of which might involve safety, esthetics or the health of surrounding plants. But regardless of the reason it needs to happen, tree removal is a job that should always be done by a certified arborist. Fortunately, ArborCare provides outstanding, professional tree care service in Edmonton, Calgary, Kelowna and the surrounding areas.
Why Tree Removal Can Be a Good Idea
Trees that are damaged or unhealthy can be hazardous. Here are the main reasons to remove them from your property:
- To protect people. Dead branches can fall and cause serious or fatal injuries. By removing trees with fragile, brittle and damaged limbs, you will help to ensure that yourself and others are safe.
- To protect structures. If a tree grows too close to a house, building or other structure, it can damage it. Leaning trees can also cause property damage should the trunk weaken.
- To protect infrastructure. Aggressive tree roots can worsen damage to leaking pipes or grow into them and cause clogs, damage driveways and cause other property damage. In some cases, removing the tree is the best way to deal with the issue.
You may also need to remove trees that don’t comply with local bylaws, such as those that pose a risk to pedestrians or that encroach on public spaces and make circulation difficult.
Indications that it’s time to consider tree removal
In general, trees that pose a hazard should be removed. Our arborists can help you identify at-risk trees. However, there are a number of things that should prompt you to schedule a tree assessment. This includes signs of the following:
- Disease. Dieback in the crown, deep cracks, discoloured and misshapen leaves, fungi and crumbly wood are all signs of an infection.
- Pests. If you see numerous small holes in the trunk or the tree is unusually popular with woodpeckers, it may be infested with pests.
- Poor growth. A tree that isn’t growing well should be evaluated, especially if its foliage is discoloured or sparse.
- Root problems. While hard to spot, root issues will often cause fungi to grow near the tree’s base. Heaving soil is another indicator that the tree should be examined by a professional. Shallow roots are often a problem too.
- A decayed or hollow trunk. Deep cracks, splits, large wounds and dead branches can all indicate that a tree is decaying. This makes it vulnerable to weather damage and much more likely to fall. Hollow trees are similarly hazardous.
- Structural damage. A tree that suddenly leans to one side has likely suffered some structural damage and could be dangerous.
- Epicormic shoots. These small sprouts appear at the base of the tree and indicate serious stress. The tree should be evaluated.
In addition, trees that are under powerlines can sometimes become a problem and may need to be removed. The same is true of trees that encroach too closely on homes and other types of buildings. Large trees should be at least 20 feet away from all structures. Also, you may also want to remove trees that produce a lot of debris or are otherwise hard to maintain.
Never cut down a tree yourself
Tree removal is dangerous and requires expert knowledge and special equipment. Instead of putting yourself at risk, count on our licensed and insured arborists. We’ll remove the tree without causing any damage and even get rid of the stump.
Count on ArborCare
Our arborists provide expert tree removal services in Edmonton, Calgary, Kelowna and the surrounding areas. To determine if your tree needs to be removed, contact us today. ArborCare is here to help.
Commercial + Residential
We Care for Your Trees
Our team provides professional tree care services and plant management programs to keep your landscape looking beautiful