Residential Tree Removal in Calgary, Edmonton, Kelowna, Vernon & All Western Canada
When Do I Need Tree Removal?
It’s not always the most desirable thing to do, but sometimes it is necessary to remove trees. Here are some situations when you should contact us for residential tree removal services in Calgary, Edmonton, Kelowna, Vernon and other parts of Western Canada:
- If 50% or more of the tree is damaged, it should be eliminated. Dead or dying trees can be very hazardous: Beetles or disease can spread to surrounding trees, weakened limbs and roots can cause the tree to become brittle and break, falling debris, as well as the tree itself, pose danger to structures and people.
- Is the tree under power lines? Trees should grow no larger than 25 feet underneath power lines.
- Trees with shallow root stems or trees that have epicormic shoots (small branches that grow from the trunk). Epicormic shoots are a sign that a tree was traumatized in some way. This can happen from overexposure to heat, or severe damage during construction. Both of these situations will result in the tree falling on its own eventually.
- Is it undesirable? Some trees you want to keep, because of the species, while others grow like weeds or drop a lot of debris and are a pain to maintain.
- Trunk damage, dead branches (especially only on one side), leaning tree – All of these are signs that your tree is sick and will eventually need to be removed.
Why Hire an Arborist for Tree Removal?
Not only is major tree pruning and tree removal difficult and dangerous for an untrained professional, it can be a costly mistake. Arborists are certified professionals that are fully insured and licensed to do tree removal in Vernon, Calgary, Edmonton, and Medicine Hat.
Do-it-yourself tree removal is dangerous for a lot of obvious reasons, but there are a lot of other dangers people forget about. Pruning or removing trees near power lines, for example, is very dangerous. Electricity can arc up to 10 feet—don’t stand on a metal ladder and risk doing dangerous jobs like this yourself. Trust the professionals at ArborCare Tree Service to handle those types of situations and other related situations as it relates to tree removal!
Contact Us Today
ArborCare Tree Service does tree removal in Calgary, Edmonton, Kelowna, and Vernon so if you have a tree that you think might need to be removed, or if you are not sure and would like to have us take a look at it, give us a call today